Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Experience With Portable Health Records? PLEASE SEND FEEDBACK!!!

Have you "built" your own Portable Health Record, on your own or based on information from this site? Do you have some experience with these records as a provider or manager? I would absolutely love to hear how it worked for you, your experiences using the record "out in the world", and suggestions for improving the "state of the art."

If you would be so kind as to fill out the short survey below (cut and paste will work well for this purpose) and email it back to me, it would really help further my research on the subject. (Any other comments regarding the subject, such as interesting articles you have read elsewhere, are also very welcome!) You can also enter brief comments here via the blog software, or feel free to email me at lauraba@pcom.edu.


User Survey:

1. I found the process of "building" my health record:

----easy
----mildly difficult
----very difficult


2. My background in computers is:

----I'm very competent
----Sort of competent
----A novice


3. I used the following hardware for my record:

_________________________


4. Response to requests to use this record at my doctor's office and other healthcare providers has been:

----Enthusiastic
----Will use if time allows
----Unwilling to use record


5. If your doctor has been unwilling to use the record, the reason provided:

__________________________________________________________


6. I have used the record in an emergency situation as follows:

__________________________________________________________


7. I would suggest the following improvements to the system:

__________________________________________________________

No comments: